- D. P. Bovet and M. Cesati, Understanding the Linux kernel, Third Edition,
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. 2005
- R. Gioiosa, J. C. Sancho, S. Jiang, F. Petrini, and K. Devis,
"Transparent Incremental Checkpoint at Kernel level: A Foundation for Fault
Tolerance for Parallel Computers", SC|05 (Supercomputing): International
Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, and Storage (SC|05),
Seattle, WA, November 2005.
- J. C. Sancho, F. Petrini, K. Davis, R. Gioiosa and S. Jiang,
"Current Practice and Direction Forward in Checkpoint/Restart Implementation
for Fault Tolerance", First Workshop on System Management Tools for Large-Scale
Parallel Systems, 19th International Parallel and Distributed Processing
Symposium (IPDPS 2005), Denver, CO, April 2005.
- R. Gioiosa, F. Petrini, K. Devis, and F. Lebaillif-Delamare,
"Analysis of System Overhead on Parallel Computers", In The 4th IEEE
International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology
(ISSPIT 2004), Rome, Italy, December 2004.
- D. P. Bovet and M. Cesati, Understanding the Linux kernel, Second Edition,
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. 2002
- D. P. Bovet and M. Cesati, "A Real Bottom-Up Operating System Course",
Operating System Reviews 35(1), pp. 48-60, ACM Press, January 2001.
- D. P. Bovet and M. Cesati, Understanding the Linux kernel,
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. 2000